Monday, February 27, 2012

As Promised, Home Management Binder

Ok so I know after reading this post most of you will think... "She is wayyyy behind on the time!!! Why would she even post about that???" So I'll just go ahead and justify my post before even posting it!!! When I started blogging just a short 2 months ago I was really into all the organization blogs that I found and kept reading about this really great idea someone had to make a "home management binder". Ever heard of one?? No?? well they are really great; totally customizable and help you keep everything you need from a calendar to bills to passwords (in my case) all in one place! \

I researched these binders, looked at soooo many different examples on some old linky party, and finally took the plunge to make my own!!! So without further delay, here is my "home management binder".

(2 warnings: I am definitely not a photographer, so I am sorry about the pictures they are not the best!! I will try to get better!! and BEWARE, there are a ton of pictures, I went a little picture happy trying to capture all the great aspects of this project!!)


This is the cover!! I already had the 3 ring binder and just made and printed the cover/side label.
 I then thought about all the sections I wanted and got a package of pocket dividers!! I love them so easy to slip any and everything in so I know right where it is!!! 

This is the first section and it is my To Do section!! I have my old hand written to do list stuck inside the divider pocket because as you can tell it was not completed yet!

In this section I made a printable that I could actually write my to do list on.  It also has boxes that I can put a check mark in when I have finished the task!!
 
Next is my calendar section! I made a cover sheet for this section because instead of whole punching all my pages for my binder they are in sheet protectors and the calendar I used took up two sheets. 

This is the left side of the calendar! I couldn't find a calendar that I really liked and wanted to use so I made my own!! 
 This is the right side of the calendar.  At the top it has a section for Important Reminders so that they are right there where I can see them when I open the month! It also has a section for anything I need to take notes for during the month on the right side!

Just a shot to show both sides together.
 
This is the important dates section! I know a lot of people are probably thinking, why not just write it on the calendar! Well I thought that too but then realized if there was an important date I needed to remember that I new months in advance why not have it listed out by the month so I can have a quick reference.  It also makes a great place to put invitations, as you can see we have 2 birthday parties to attend in March and these are the invites!! 
 
This is the month by month sheet I made that I can easily write down any important dates as I learn about them and easily keep track of that.  The front is January thru June with the back July thru December.
 
 After that I have my finance section! This is the important one I think! I have a perfect place to put my bills I still need to pay for the month in the divider pocket and then when I open the section...

I have a spread sheet that has all my bills, amounts, and due dates listed out! I also made a space for each month to put a check mark in so that I know what bills were paid in what month! 
 
Next is the Cleaning section! I have a check list of daily, weekly, and monthly chores that need to be done around my apartment! I printed this and thought "I don't want to constantly be reprinting it so why not laminate it!" This is the only sheet in the binder that is laminated and whole punched so that as I do the chore I can use a dry erase marker and check it off! 
 
This would be the back of my cleaning check list, Jayden got ahold of the dry erase marker and check list!! He just wanted to help!!! 
 
Next is my Menu Planning section.  In this section I have a day by day calendar so that I can plan weekly meals. Again it takes up two sheets, Sunday thru Wednesday on 1 and Thursday thru Saturday with a shopping list space on 2. 

page 2
 
This section also has a freezer inventory so that I can have everything I have frozen listed out and I know what I don't need to buy at the grocery store for that week! 
 

 
 Finally in that section I have a grocery list... this list is very spread out because it is sectioned off by products. it takes up 3 pages.  

Then there is a contact section! I have not started filling this in yet but there are spaces for address and phone numbers.  I like this because I will know exactly where they are all at when I need them!! !

There was a picture of the last section in my binder which is for passwords but it just disappeared!  This section is dedicated to a list of all my accounts with user names and passwords because now days there are so many stipulations on passwords that I could never keep track of all of mine! It has helped so much because I can easily turn to it while I am paying bills since my binder is already in use with the finance section!! 

I love my binder it has improved a lot of my paper junk that collected on my desk and has saved my time and life with the password section! 

If you don't have one or haven't heard of it and loved this post I highly recommend making one! It's  a life saver!!! 

I hope you all had a great Monday!!! I am ready for the weekend again!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that's such a great idea! I have lists everywhere but it would be nice to have them all in one place. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I totally need one of these!!!! Thanks for sharing!

    I found your blog via the Live Laugh Rowe blog hop. I am now following via GFC. I would love for you to stop by my blog, look around, and hopefully follow along, too!!
    www.bearrabbitbear.com

    ReplyDelete