Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pink Eye, Ear Infections, and Legos

     This week has started off crazy to say the least!!! My little man got pink eye in both eyes, and a double ear infection.  He has been home with me yesterday and today! With these last two days I have learned a lot and gained a lot of respect for stay at home moms!! I love my little man to death buttttt I don't think I am the stay at home mom type girl! I like to get up, get dressed and have somewhere to go without a little busy helper!!! :) It has been fun watching my "coba" (color), play legos, at which he gets super mad and throws a fit because he hasn't quite mastered taking them apart after they stick together, haha...

However, because I got to stay at home these last two days I have accomplished a few things I didn't get to mark off my weekend To Do list... It was quite long and ambitious but I marked some big things off as I went! 

  • Rearrange Living room
  •     Including organizing Jayden's toys and moving the desk from the bedroom to the living room
  • Rearrange Bedroom
  •     Including organizing/cleaning the closet
  • Clean out/purge Jayden's closet
  • Label laundry/pantry baskets (a few weeks ago I organized the two spaces but never labeled them)
  • Update Home Management Binder
  •    Including revamping the cleaning lists and laundry system
  •    Organizing bill system
  • Update/purge coupon binder
  • Make workout binder
  •    Include a calendar 
  •    Make a weight tracker
  • Make a recipe binder
  • Make a savings jar (I have a list of things I want to start saving for... #1 on the list a Silhouette Cameo) 
  • Organize/label refrigerator
  • Sweep/mop/vacuum
  •  Clean Bathrooms
  • Recover office chair

I rearranged my living room and bedroom which included moving my desk from the bedroom to the living room and all of Jayden's toys to his bedroom.  I had my amazing mother over to help me with all of this :) 

The next thing I got to mark off my To Do list was I totally revamped my "Home Management Binder".  I absolutely love it!! I will do a post more detailed on it later!!! 

I also went to Ulta (my favorite store) and got a few new products: new eye liner, mascara, and face wash line.  I got the Philosophy: On a Clear Day line, so far it seems to be helping with my breakouts that have all of a sudden came up and I really like it.  

Finally today I sat down and compiled a list of school districts (totaling 607) by counties that I wouldn't mind living in here in the great state of Texas! My next step is to start going to the individual district websites and checking their openings! I am determined to find a job for this next school year! If any of you have any suggestions to help along the way I would greatly appreciate them! 

I have cooked dinner twice this week already which is nice to do instead of eating greasy fast food.  Sunday we had homemade enchiladas and a "dorito salad" if you will.  (I am a terrible blogger when it comes to taking pictures at the right time) but I can give the recipe.

Ingredients:
  • Nacho Doritos
  • Ranch Style Beans
  • Lettuce
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Catalina Salad Dressing 
  • Onion and Tomato *** optional
All you do is judge how much of each ingredient and mix them together... very easy!!! oh and very yummy!!!

Then last night I made spaghetti.  Of coarse nothing special with that!!! 

Tonight I think we might go to my mom and dad's for dinner! Being a "single parent" (see previous post about the Bf leaving for football) is tough sometimes but altogether I am getting the hang of it! 

As for now I think I am going to give my bangs a trim.  I am very bored with my hair but don't have much money at the moment to go get it done so I am thinking I'll just change it a little by trimming them up!!! I'll post pics later!!! 

Well I guess that's all for now but I would really love some more followers so if you read and like be sure to stick around for a while!! :) 

4 comments:

  1. Hope your little guy is feeling better. That stinks it was in both eyes:<

    Visiting form the blog hop. Now following your cute blog. Would love for you to stop by and say hi!

    http://blissfulanddomestic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, little man is feeling sooooo much better! Back to his little wild and rambunctious self!!! Thanks for following and I am now following your adorable blog as well!!!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just dropping by from the blog hop. Glad your little man is doing better. We've been fighting off colds here for the last 2 weeks...not fun. As a WAHM who has had a brief taste of freedom while my daughter was at preschool (she just started Feb 1) and I totally sympathize with your comments about not being used to staying at home all the time. But at least you got some things crossed off your to do list!

    www.noordinaryhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete