Saturday, December 24, 2011

Graduating to the ER!!!

I know I have been MIA for a while now but soooo many things happened last week... From my last post you all know I started a job, which is great...

Then last Friday my sister and her family including my niece and nephew came into town for Christmas. My brother in law is in the Army and they are currently stationed in Georgia, 18 hours from home. Needless to say I haven't been able to see them since August! It's been so great having them all here!! Of coarse it has been complete chaos too...

To add to the chaos, Jayden got very sick... Here's that story...

Friday when Jayden woke up he was scratching at the back of his neck, I didn't think anything about it and took him to school. I went to work and our numbers were low, we only had four of our seven babies so they let me leave early! Everyone loves to get off work early!



When I got to my parent's house to see my sister and the kids someone noticed the back of Jayden's neck and it looked like this... 



Then we realized he started to get fever, but we called my oldest sister and she gave it a look. (she is an RN) we came up with it being chicken pox, but it kept getting worse! Being that the next day was my graduation we started giving him Tylenol and motrin to try to reduce his fever and Benadryl for the itch, it didn't work. Saturday came around and he looked like this...



Of coarse it freaked me out soooo we went to the E.R. They diagnosed him with this long hard to pronounce name meaning he got a virus and his body reacted causing the hives or target looking splotches all over his body, along with a super high fever 105.5!!!! They told me I just had to keep doing what I was doing because there really wasn't anything else we could do for him.

So we went all weekend with him having the spots all over his body and a high fever that wouldn't break. Monday we took him to his regular dr so she could assess the situation, and she sent us to the children's hospital. He was dehydrated and that was all they fixed. They gave him steroids which made him a completely different kid. His rash and fever are now gone and he is more active but he has not come down with "roid rage" if you will because he is not use to taking the steroids so we get to keep dealing with temper tantrums!!!

And as I said earlier this all came about at the time of my college graduation. Here is my cap.... 



Then my sister and I decided to make my mom some christmas gifts using pinterest as inspiration.. Here those are...



So as I said it has been quite a week for me, but things are starting to look up!!! We are ready for Christmas here in Dallas!!!

Have a great day and if I don't post again until after Christmas have a wonderful Christmas with all of your families!!!

P.S. This post has been sitting as a draft waiting to be published for the last 3 days, that is how crazy my life is right now!!! :) Have a great Christmas!!! :))

No comments:

Post a Comment